- Consultancy portfolio
- Industry competencies
- Make or Buy Risk AnalysisReady for outsourcing
- Sales & Operations PlanningConcentration on what is essential and feasible
- Lean AdministrationAchieving optimal results on a daily basis
- Supply Chain Management in a regulated environmentThe delicated balance between regulation and efficiency
- Market expectations 2020A journey into the future
- Building planningInvest in company buildings
- About Us
- Latest News
Schindler Management Ltd.
The objective of the project was the sustainable development and securing of the production sites in Europe. While simultaneously implementing the project at four locations, joint strategic development was initiated, a local improvements organisation was set up and management positioned in its role as the change agent.
As a manufacturer of elevators and escalators, Schindler moves more than one billion people every day. In 2017, the Schindler Group generated sales of almost CHF 10.2 billion. Backing this success are over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. Supply Chain Europe comprises four production plants.
- Four initiatives were launched at each site: optimisation of production processes, outsourcing of products according to on a clear industrial logic, vertical integration and introduction of an end-to-end management system based on shop floor management.
- To optimise production, processes were linked and structured coherent with lean criteria. For this purpose, assembly systems were redesigned, manufacturing processes ideally matched to assembly lines, and the best possible logistics established to supply the assembly and production facilities.
- In order to optimise the production footprint, processes were first improved, storage facilities set up, then processes and products relocated and the ramp-up phase supported. At each location, the layout was redefined and the plants constructed on the basis of lean criteria.
- The consolidation and optimisation of production has opened up potentials for the vertical integration of outsourced productions.
- Establishment of shop floor management to uniform standards ideally links the shop floor to management, enabling rapid intervention in the event of non-conformances. Problems are solved quickly, but also sustainably, with all sections being further developed in this manner.
- With its lean team, Schindler is now able to implement its own lean projects and further develop the production facilities.
- Productivity was increased by 25%, lead times by 15% and one-time deliveries by 99.5%.