- Consultancy portfolio
- Industry competencies
- Make or Buy Risk AnalysisReady for outsourcing
- Sales & Operations PlanningConcentration on what is essential and feasible
- Lean AdministrationAchieving optimal results on a daily basis
- Supply Chain Management in a regulated environmentThe delicated balance between regulation and efficiency
- Market expectations 2020A journey into the future
- Building planningInvest in company buildings
- About Us
- Latest News
Glossary of Lean Management and Supply Chain Management terms
For mutual understanding: short definitions of important terms from the world of continuous improvement and Supply Chain Management
Click on one of the letters beneath to check the glossary for terms beginning with that letter.
- U-shape layout
The U-shape layout describes the layout of machines and workstations in a > one-piece flow, where they are laid out in the shape of the letter “U”. The operator works within the U shape, thereby reducing necessary movement to a minimum. Material allocation is done outside of the U layout, making the process interruption-free.